Why are we voting yes?
Make It Legal NZ
Glad you asked!
- Because our cannabis laws come from the 1970s Nixon War on Drugs based on racial oppression.
- Because Māori are three times more likely to be stopped and arrested for the same crime as Pākehā.
- Because laws should be fair. Because patients need better access.
- Because adults should be allowed to choose.
- Because over 95% of people experience no issues with it.
- Because experts – scientists, doctors, leaders, professors, social workers – have told us this is the best, smartest, safest solution.
- Because cannabis is here to stay either way but we currently have no regulation or system.
- Because it has worked overseas.
- Because young minds need education and protection.
- Because addiction is a health issue.
- Because we will boost billions into our economy…
TO NAME A FEW…